The association STARS – Social Training and Antreprenorial Research Society was established in July 2012 by 5 founding members: Mr. Mugur Bogdan Mitroi, Mr. Ioan-Luca Vlad, Mr. George Vodislav, Mrs. Marina-Ioana Alexandru and Mrs. Madalina Calcan.
Currently, the founding members constitute the Board of Directors of the association. Chairman is Mr. Mugur Bogdan Mitroi, while General Secretary is Mr. Olivian Bazavan. Mediators and arbitrators members of the association are gathered in General Assembly.
The functionality and efficiency of the association are accomplished by a permanent structure of sectorial departments, organized by the Board of Directors:
- Department for Mediation: coordinator Mr. Mugur Bogdan Mitroi (chairma S.T.A.R.S.)
- Department for Arbitrage: coordinator Mr. Ioan-Luca Vlad (chairman of S.T.A.R.S. Court of Arbitration)
- Department for Mentoring: coordinator Mr. Mugur Bogdan Mitroi (chairman S.T.A.R.S.)
- Department PR and external events: coordinator Mrs. Madalina Calcan (vice-president B.O.D. of S.T.A.R.S.)
- Department Internal Communication: coordinator Mr. Olivian Bazavan (general secretary S.T.A.R.S.)
- Administrative assistant: Mrs. Florica Chivu (mediator S.T.A.R.S.)
As of July 2012, the association is affiliated to the Union of Mediation Centers of Romania (U.M.C.R.). Established in 2005, U.M.C.R. is the only federative structure of mediators in Romania, gathering mediators from all the counties. Currently, Mr. Mugur Bogdan Mitroi holds the presidency of U.M.C.R.